Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Double Checking Receipts After A Shopping Trip

My son and I decided to make a trip to Walgreens today. The weekly sales paper had some good deals on school supplies. I figured I should go ahead and get the supplies that were on sale because right before school starts they are probably going to be triple the price if not more. Many times I have waited until right before school starts and couldn't find the stuff we needed because it's sold out. I enjoy finding great deals, school supplies or otherwise. So not only did we find some very good deals on school supplies but I also found a couple of other clearance items that were a really good deal! I found a LivPure water bottle filter replacement for $1.00 and a pack of Oral-B pulsonic brush head replacements for $1.00 as well. Upon checking out I felt I was charged a little too much, but I had bought quit a bit so I couldn't really tell for sure. When I got outside I checked my receipt and realized I had been overcharged by $27.00 on an item that I was supposed to only be charged a dollar for. I immediately went back in and let them know what happened. They of course reversed the charges and credited my debit card the $27.00 that I was over charged. I have learned to always check my receipts, especially when shopping at the smaller stores like CVS and Walgreens, and other places like that. They tend to post sale prices and not program them in their system. Therefore they ring up at the original price instead of the sale price. I have to say I was very happy to know that it was $27.00 less than what they had originally charged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment