Saturday, June 23, 2012

My First Pottery Pieces

I started pottery classes several months back. It has been a lot fun, but I dragged out what was supposed to be a 4 week class and made it a 3 month class because of my chronic pain issues. Anyway, last week I called up Ms. Lynn Koning, the instructor, and asked her if I could come pick up my pottery pieces. The last time I was there I glazed them. I enjoy the glazing and working with the clay on the pottery wheel the most. The smoothing down of the pottery, not so much! Ms. koning fired my pieces in the kiln after the glazing so I was just waiting to pick them up. I was excited to see how they turned out. I was proud to say they turned out pretty good for my very first time. Every time I look at them I feel proud knowing that I made them myself. I brought the home and served condiments out of them for the tacos I made for dinner the next night. I also made two platters using the slab roller instead of the wheel the last time I was there that are in the process of being fired now. I will post some pictures of them when I get finished with them but for now I am posting some pictures of the very first four pieces I made.



No comments:

Post a Comment